Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pet peeve #43.


You know what's really annoying? When people dislike you for a stupid reason or for no apparent reason.

There's this girl. I was friends with her in eighth grade, we were tight, but we grew apart. Okay, it happens, no big deal, right?

So from seventh to eighth grade I went through a crazy radical transformation. Not my inner self, who I am, the essence of my Kaitlin-ness, but my outer appearance. Sometimes I like to change what I look like. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

But apparently, when someone changes their appearance, they change everything about themselves. (According to this girl.) So when I lost weight or lost/got glasses or dyed my hair red or chopped it all off, I was changing who I was.

Sorry, but no, that's bullshit.

Just because I get tired of my outward appearance, doesn't mean I get tired of who I am. I don't. It took me a while to create and piece together this person I am now, and I like myself. It's just annoying and obnoxious when people like to tell me that changing my outside changes me inside.

Maybe I just like trying new things. Ever think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment