Friday, November 12, 2010

"Why yes, that is my frontal lobe on your shirt."


Tonight, finally, the hard work of my friends and "co-workers" and fellow students all comes together in a glorious apex of live theatre. There willl be lights, sounds, set pieces, techies running hither and thither, and occasionally, there will be acting. But nobody goes to plays to see actors.

Overall, I can honestly say that I'm nervous about tonight, considering this is my first time in a managerial position during an actual live performance... Meep. Not to mention that some other people in the same position may or may not be bringing their best to the table... particularly people who hang out stage left and wear headsets... but I'm not implying anyone in particular. *cough*

Mostly, I'm just anxious because I'm afraid either I or somebody backstage (or in house, for that matter) will finally burst a blood vessel in their brain. Or maybe my brain will just explode, flying everywhere. I've been seeing it in my head for days. Everything's going well, until suddenly there is some disasterous set malfunction or someone breaks the fourth wall. I can hear a certain PSM's voice in my head even now. "Kaitlin... Why did the shoe not drop? Did you hear my cue? Why can I see so-and-so? You missed your spikes, you're a horrible person." But these are just my anxieties and pre-show jitters acting up.

Come show time, I can confidently say that I'm going to perform well - behind the scenes, that is. I'm going to show this set who's boss. Kickin' ass and takin' names, all in honour of overworked techies everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment